Sharon and Sienna

Sharon and Sienna

Social Media Internship

I was fortunate enough to be offered a Social Media Internship with Parelli, which has now turned into a permanent position.
I am excited to be here in Pagosa Springs on this journey and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Saddle Makeover


Last Saturday there was an all day saddle makeover workshop for the new one and two star instructors, and I was fortunate enough to sit in on it.
I have to say that the demo started off with a funny moment when Vinnie (Linda's dog) caught a mouse and ran into the arena in front of everyone and started to play with it. Linda did her best to try and save the mouse when Letitia stepped in to help and Moxie (Linda's other dog) decided it would be good to get in on the action also, LOL. It had a good ending though and the mouse was saved!!
In the morning, Linda Parelli and Letitia Glenn (Parelli Saddle makers) gave a very informative demo on all of their saddles and in the afternoon session we watched four horses get 'made over'.
I have had a hard time finding a saddle to fit Sienna so I was all ears and eyes during the demo. I can honestly say that the transformation in the four horses was amazing, if I hadn't seen it for my own eyes I probably would have not have believed it.
One horse in particular - a high headed Arab was amazing to watch. We watched him being ridden in an ill fitting saddle at first. He rode with his head high and was a little frisky also, then after a proper saddle fitting it was like watching a different horse. By the end of the demo, the horse was stretching out it's neck, was very relaxed, and at times his nose was almost touching the floor, quite a different image to the high head he started off with.

You were left with the importance of a good saddle fit and how a 'free' shoulder can promote better movement.
You can see pictures here, although they loaded in reverse order for some reason, so you'll need to click on the last picture and work backwards. :0)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was an awesome day! The transformation of every horse was unbelievable.... and the pic of Vinnie is too cool :-)

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Trainee Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete