Sharon and Sienna

Sharon and Sienna

Social Media Internship

I was fortunate enough to be offered a Social Media Internship with Parelli, which has now turned into a permanent position.
I am excited to be here in Pagosa Springs on this journey and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Fun, Fun, Fun!


I haven't said much about my actual horsemanship with Sienna since we have been here together. You all heard she hurt her back and I haven't been able to ride her, but we have been having a ton of fun on the ground. She has been offering so much when we play, and it seems like everything we do, she thinks I am asking her to put her hoof on "it". :0) She has offered to put her hoof on the pedestal, a cone, a frisby and the other day a big log. The funniest was the big green ball, she usually pushes it with her nose, but she decided to put her hoof right on the top of it, she rolled her leg forward and the ball went with her, then she brought her leg back and the ball followed. It was funny to see her rolling the ball back and forth like that and she seemed to be enjoying it just as much.
We have been playing a lot at liberty too and she has been sticking to me like glue. So to up the game, instead of asking her to just "Stick to me" at the walk, trot and canter, we have been playing with different speeds. Slow walk, fast walk, slow trot, fast trot.....and I am amazed at her willingness to stay with me no matter how slow or fast we go. God I love this horse. Her back up from zone five has improved, we backed up half way around the round pen by the tail the other night. We have also been working on tight circles around me, which for a big girl like her was a struggle in the beginning. We have been using the 22ft rope and gradually shortening the rope each time she goes around, and after doing that for four days in a row, tonight she did it at liberty which was just amazing.This week Sienna and Titan (Gina's Horse) are down at Pat's barn as we had over 50 people come in for this last Fast Track and they needed our pens. I miss rolling over in my top bunk, looking out the window and being able to see her, but it's only for a week.
I have been using the red light on her back and on Sunday she felt good enough to test the waters. I sat on her bareback while she grazed and then asked her to take a few steps, she seemed OK so tonight (Saturday) we rode from Pats barn up to the playground in the bareback pad, rode in the small coverall for a little bit then rode back down and she seems all good now. Her hair is still growing back, but her back is no longer sore. While it's so wonderful to have my girl here with me, I can't forget about my Beau boy back in Las Vegas. I miss having him here with us and I am forever grateful to the my friends who are looking after him so well for me. I don't know how i'll ever be able to say thank you enough.

Until next time......



No comments:

Post a Comment