Sharon and Sienna

Sharon and Sienna

Social Media Internship

I was fortunate enough to be offered a Social Media Internship with Parelli, which has now turned into a permanent position.
I am excited to be here in Pagosa Springs on this journey and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Love Pagosa Springs

Spring is here and I'm on a mission to find some great hikes and trail rides this year. I plan to try somewhere different each time we venture out, but one of my favorite places to take the dogs is Reservoir Hill.

You might remember seeing pictures of Sophie and Milo up there in the thick of winter and it was beautiful, but this place takes on a whole new beauty in the spring.

On this particular day the weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cold, with a gentle breeze and the sun was shining through the trees as we set off on our adventure. There is a whole trail system set out and this beautiful mountainous area is close to town and offers hiking and biking trails through natural forested areas.


When you reach the top of reservoir hill, there is a beautifully carved bench. I always think of my dad when I see it because he is a very talented woodworker and he would take pleasure in seeing the work that was put into it.

There is a gathering of fox, owl, deer and bear all looking in the same direction as if they have spotted something in the trees.

To one side of the bench there is a beautiful sculpture of a lion and her cubs playfully spiraling upwards on their own tower.

On the hike back down there is a beautiful owl perched up high, wings spread as she keeps a watchful eye on her travelers below.

I could not think of anything else that would add to the beauty that surrounded me other than Sophie and Milo, so I decided to create some sculptures of my own, with the help of a strategically placed tree stump that worked out perfectly for my plan.

First up, Milo. He was more than willing to show me how he could jump up on this big tree stump, and like the good boy that he is, posed perfectly for his shot...

Then comes Sophie, it was quite a squeeze getting her up there, but she too gave her best glamor pose just as the breeze picked up and added to the beauty of the picture!

From sculptures to paintings, the view from the top of Reservoir Hill is breathtaking. Through the break in the trees, the San Juan mountains are picture perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment