Sharon and Sienna

Sharon and Sienna

Social Media Internship

I was fortunate enough to be offered a Social Media Internship with Parelli, which has now turned into a permanent position.
I am excited to be here in Pagosa Springs on this journey and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you.

Monday, November 8, 2010

How do you prepare?

Well it looks like Mackenzie and I finally found a place to rent. It's a great place with about 5 1/2 acres. I can't tell you how amazing it is to have our horses in our back yard. Looking out the window to see them grazing and exploring their new pasture is wonderful.


We even spent this weekend loading up 200+ bales of hay for the winter.


But I can't help but feel immense sadness as my other horse Beau is not doing so well back in Las Vegas. For those of you who don't know, Beau had check ligament surgery in both front legs back in March of 2009 and was doing OK for a while, but in July of this year he had a major set back and has been getting progressively worse. Even with all the care and proper exercise, the check ligament in his front right leg grew back with so much scar tissue that it's three times the size it should be, and it has grown adhesions that have attached to his deep digital and superficial digital flexor tendons. It's causing it to act like a bow that's being pulled tight and he is now over at the fetlock so severely that it's knuckling the wrong way. I have been told that there isn't much that can be done for him which has left me with a feeling of such helplessness it's unbearable.

It's been so difficult to be away from him yet thankful for friends in Vegas have been taking such good care of him, but I received a phone call last week and it sounds like he isn't doing so well.

I have the vet looking at him this Wednesday and at this point in time, I am fearing the worse, and I am wondering how you prepare yourself for the worse. My heart is breaking just thinking about it.


2 comments:

  1. Sharon, I am truely so sorry for your sorrow and pain yesterday. Beau is not gone, becasue he will forever be in your memories and so close to your heart always. Horsey slobbers with love Enzo. XXOXOXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine,

    Thank you for that. It really has been a difficult week. Such an emotional experience and one of the toughest things I have ever had to do.
    I know he's no longer in pain and for that I am grateful, but I sure do miss him.

    ReplyDelete